Of the various marketing research strategies available and applied by companies, we will focus a bit on customer marketing research. customer marketing research plays an important role on a company’s relation to its customers. It helps the company to comprehend the needs and wants of its target audience, allowing them to create or adapt products based on the output of their researches.
But, let’s face it – marketing research can be extremely boring to the customer, specially if it is based on questioning. And, most of the times, customers get nothing out of it. Continue reading
From what we have talked about until now, we already have some clues about what we need in order to implement the concept of gamification.
We already know we need:
- A challenge – the task that you have to accomplish;
- Accomplishment – the conquering or overcoming of the task;
- Reward – the intrinsic or extrinsic value obtained from it, be it satisfaction (intrinsic), a prize (extrinsic), or both.
But this just shows an iteration of it. Effectively structuring gamification should imply creating a meaningful chain of events so that it is not just a one-time venture. Otherwise it would seem to be a bit meaningless, don’t you think? Continue reading
How can we apply gamification in real life scenarios? Well, Nike already does it with Nike+ in one of their specialization environments: running. Nike wants people to move, so they have created a system where people can track their accomplishments. For example, you challenge yourself to run for 2 kilometers. And then comes the end of the week…
There are two possible outcomes:
– You did it! Awesome, now you can aim higher in next week’s challenge and get that rush from accomplishing something you have considered difficult. It’s a great feeling, and you know it!
– You have failed! Well, no need to feel bad about it! It means you must try harder next week because you know how awesome it will feel when you beat the challenge!
In both cases you are looking for that feeling of accomplishment, the choir of angels inside your head praising the hero who crossed the bottomless pit to the other side. Something you considered as impossible before. Continue reading